Preposition

Labels:

Do you know how to use prepositions of time such as 'at 3 o'clock' or 'in December'? Take our prepositions of time grammar test and find out!
Instructions
Read the grammar rule, download the grammar reference card to help you and then download the grammar test. Good luck!

Grammar Rule

Examples

I was born in April.
He goes to the park on Saturdays.
She wakes up at 7:00.

Remember!

We use 'in' for months and years, 'on' for days and dates, and 'at' for times.
in January / July / 2014
on Monday / Friday / May 1st
at 11:30 / 4 o’clock / half past two

Be careful!

We can use ‘on’ for special days and ‘at’ for special times too.
on my birthday / New Year’s Day / the last day of school
at midnight / bedtime / dinner time

We say... We don’t say...

I had lots of fun on my birthday. (NOT I had lots of fun in my birthday.)
We don’t watch TV at dinner time. (NOT We don’t watch TV on dinner time.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment